Prevention of Anxiety
Generalized Anxiety Disorder cannot be completely prevented but there are some things a person can do to lessen and control the symptoms.
• Reduce or stop consumption of caffeine related products such as tea and coffee.
• Ask a physician before taking any herbal remedies or OTC medications as they may contain substances which worsen the condition.
• Lead a healthy lifestyle and include a healthy balanced diet and moderate exercise daily.
• Seek support and counseling after any disturbing or traumatic experience.
• Practice meditation, yoga or other stress relieving techniques